Sunday, July 6, 2008

Well worth the airline drama




After an unimaginable nightmare with United airlines (avoid them at all cost), my children, mom and I were finally able to make it to the farm. I am so glad that my children were able to experience some of the same places and feelings about the farm that my memories are filled with. To sum up our feelings, Sammi puts it best when she whispered in my ear on our last day there, "Mom, can we move here?" And it wasn't just to avoid the flight home. I wish we could have stayed longer, it all seemed to go by so fast.
Although my airline misfortune (did I mention United is BAD) caused me to miss the actual reunion, I feel as though I made it to the best part (and if any of you think otherwise, do me a favor and pretend to agree with me). That Sunday at the farm where we were allowed to hold the sacrament, feel of the Spirit, and share our fondest memories of our beloved Grandparents was so touching to me and I will never forget it. I am so glad I got to share that experience with aunts, uncles and cousins and those that I don't get to see often enough. Thank you everyone for participating and a special thanks to those at the farm who spent countless hours preparing food and accomodations for everyone's arrival. I love you!
As soon as I can figure out how to post photos, I will. And the family photo is under construction at the moment, but I'll keep you updated on my progress!

No comments: