Saturday, February 7, 2009












When my grandpa called me last Friday night and said he'd be coming through town the next day I was SO excited!! We had a ward talent show scheduled for Saturday night, and I knew he would get such a KICK out of it! My girlfriends and I opened the show as the Lake Mary Rapper Chicks doing the "Mormon Rap." I bee bopped in the back with my homemade record table. It pretty much rocked! Dave and I sang Jim Brickman's "Destiny", and Rachel sang a great little pop song from LOL. We supported her as her back up dancers. It was SO stinkin' fun. Grandpa raved about it, especially Rachel's budding voice. She was right on the whole time. It actually shocked me. I didn't know she would be able to memorize the song and learn it in time but she surprised us all.

Sunday we went to church and had nice meetings. Especially in Primary when Grandpa sat with Rachel and she said...."My grandpa knows the answer! He's 80 years old!" Oops. He laughed pretty hard at that one, as we all did. I lead the music there now instead of teaching so it was fun having Grandpa visit us there. After church we had a nice dinner and headed out to Altamonte Springs Crane's Roost Park where we love to hang out. It is just beautiful any time of year, no other way to put it. JJ got all wet in the fountain as usual and ran around like the energizer bunny. The choreographed fountain shows are fun to watch. We got a lot of great pictures while he was here so I posted some of those. We pretty much had a "who can make the silliest face contest", and as usual Grandpa wins hands down!!

This morning Grandpa and I walked to the kids to the bus stop. Then we gave him a haircut, mostly to save his dignity with Rachel and all her hairbow torture she inflicted on him yesterday! Afterward, we met Dave for lunch at Olive Garden and had a wonderful time. They were exceptionally fast and the food was very fresh and hot which I can't always say about Olive Garden, but today was special I guess. Gramps also graciously took me to get this cool cordless sweep vac thing to get rid of all the little hairs on the floor I try to get with my broom when I cut hair. I hope it works great, it has to charge for the next 20 hours before I can try it out. Finally we came home and crashed. Dave and Grandpa caught up with the superbowl he recorded, and they had a great time watching it - fast forwarding to the 4th quarter which was really great. I'll be sad to see him leave tomorrow morning, he is so much fun to have around. Love you Gramps!

No comments: