Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Morning Surprises

Easter Morning Surprises!

The Peacock family had a rather exciting egg hunt this morning, along with the traditional candy filled eggs, the kids were told that there would also be some special eggs with messages about a new surprise for our family.

Here are some of the hints, let's see if you can guess a little better than they did :)

Rachel and JJ ,

Something wonderful is coming to our family

Follow the clues to find out the exciting news!


.…It’s better than a Puppy

….will love all of your hugs and attack of kisses

….will weigh about 8 lbs or so

….will laugh at your jokes

….coming to a crib near you in December

....your last clue is resting on Mommy and Daddy's bed


With this last clue, they went into our room and found this:

What we thought was so obvious became quite a puzzle! For the next 5 minutes, we had to spell it out in detail, that no, we weren't going to be getting a pet baby bunny or puppy. That this wasn't a new toy (Grandma Gabriel gave it for Christmas) and that in fact... Mommy was expecting. Once it had finally sunk in, a whirlwind of questions for most of the day came pouring out and it was really cute seeing how excited the kids were. JJ adopted the baby bunny as his own, gave it a name, started to feed it and even went straight to work potty training! Complete with washing hands afterwards. It was so funny, and cute. When it was time to go to church he wanted to bring it with us, but we somehow convinced him that "Baby Bunny" needed to take a nap.



Even as we write this, JJ has the bunny cuddled under his arm walking around the house. He's going to be a very good big brother!

Jen is very tired all of the time and bracing for the expected morning sickness. She hopes that it won't be as bad as the past but is preparing for the worst. Her short hair should make it a little easier to take care of, and she looks forward to continuing her regular walks. We feel good about her Dr. being right next to the hospital and only 2 exits away in Altamonte Springs. We are both very excited, and find that these planned pregnancies are so much easier to prepare for:)

Rachel also thought well of the news, at one point we were walking down the hallway and heard her explaining to JJ that new Babies come with rules, and you had to careful around them not to punch and kick (wow, shouldn't that be obvious?) apparently we need to re-visit the contention family night talk.

As for Dad? Well I couldn't sleep the night before we found out, I tossed and turned and it was really hard to sleep. I had a feeling that it would be a positive test, and I am sure I had some nerves at play. I think most of that comes from being out of Baby mode for 5 years! It must just be a Father's response, I'm reminded of my own Dad's reaction when he found out about me and Jon. White faced and woozy. But then this is #3 for us (instead numbers 7, 8). I am thrilled at the thought of being a new Daddy again! Each month that we were disappointed makes this month really that much more of a joy, added to the Joy we feel for our beautiful kiddos. Looking forward to some more funny moments like this one from JJ during a recent time out for saying the "shut up" bad word: Dad! I'm going to throw a Cow at you! haha priceless.

Jen just remembered some cute things JJ said last week, turning the keyboard over to her:

Mommy, is there a baby in your tummy? He asked me this randomly two times in the last two weeks. Either he is really close to the spirit, or he is showing sympathy for the small lump over my waist that is growing. This morning the portacrib was up in our room from my friend's baby that used it yesterday while I was doing hair. He said "Is that ours?" Yes I said, you used to sleep in it. He said "Why is it here?" I was telling him how the baby that came over yesterday took a nap in it while he was outside playing. That prompted a strong," When are we going to have a baby of our own?!" It felt good to finally be able to tell them soon after that when we were planning on doing our little easter egg hunt mystery we thought up to tell the kids in a creative way....so creative that they didn't really get it. It was funny. We've had all sorts of questions since then, so that has been interesting and fun. I'll keep you all updated on my progress, and please pray for me. I hope everything will be ok. I feel that it will, but extra prayers are never a bad thing! I also want to thank Dave for being so caring and sweet. He brought me some tests and flowers at like 6am last week. The flowers were to ease the disappointment in case the tests were negative again, or to congratulate us if it was positive too I guess! Either way the roses are beautiful and I was happy not to be disappointed again! Also kudos to him for the 2 yummy dinners he helped make this weekend and the trips to the store. I have been so tired all the time and have had other symptoms as well that I was pretty sure what was going on. So on to the next adventure in life! My brain is too tired I can't think of anything totally clever or funny to describe my feelings. Just enjoying the lack of morning sickness so far, but I bet it is around the corner. Love to all, HAPPY EASTER!

Here is Jen at about 5 weeks:



No comments: